What is Tenbac?
Tendring Business against Crime is a dedicated, formal and proactive partnership between the Police, local CDRP, Tendring District Council, CCTV, business representative organisations and other agencies and organisations in Tendring and operates within strict protocols agreed by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) and the Office of the Information Commissioner.
Who is it for?
Tenbac is for small businesses, shops, pubs and nightclubs in the Tendring district of Essex including; Harwich, Brightlingsea, Clacton, Frinton, Walton and satellite areas.
Summary of benefits
The aim of the partnership is to reduce business crime in the District and make the trading environment safer for customers, visitors, staff and residents.
- Reduce crime in and around the business environment
- Operate on tried and tested methods
- Be cost effective
- Be an integral part of Tendring’s Crime Reduction Strategy
- Collate, share and disseminate information more effectively using IT
- Provide photographs of persistent offenders and the methods they use
- Produce updates and newsletters to members
- Reduce and prevent criminality and anti-social behaviour
- Assist in the apprehension and prosecution of offenders
- Help Manage an enhanced radio link system
- Manage the exclusion notice scheme for members
- Decrease the fear of crime
- Offer training and best practice advice
- Encourage growth and inwards investments in the District